Servant Leadership: Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (M.S.O.L.)
- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Program Requirements
- Online Options
- Requirements for Graduation
- Career Opportunities
- Additional Information
Students in the MSOL program can specialize their education and select the Servant Leadership track that's both rare and tailored for those with a desire to practice Servant Leadership in their organizations. The Servant Leadership track will prepare professionals to meet the leadership needs of their organization, by drawing on the wealth of resources situated here in Columbus, GA, ranging from the expertise of leading Servant Leadership practitioners, numerous applicable case studies and opportunities for field experience. Columbus, GA, named the nation’s first “Servant Leadership City” by the Greenleaf Center for Servant Leadership, has a wide-spread commitment to servant leadership from Columbus-based corporations, non-profits organizations and educational institutions.
Servant Leadership is a philosophy and practice of leadership that seeks to move management and employee interaction away from command and control models. Servant Leadership practitioners achieve results for their organization by giving priority attention to the needs and the development of those being led. Students will discuss current trends and issues related to Servant Leadership while learning to build a culture of Servant Leadership in various organizational environments.
The MSOL is a 36-hour program, requiring a student to complete 12 graduate courses. Full-time students can complete the program in four semesters. All MSOL classes are taught in the evening. The program can be adapted for students who wish to attend part-time and complete the program within 18-24 months.
You can view the MSOL degree sheet here.
Beyond the general graduate program requirements, the MSOL degree program also has the following additional requirements:
- A graduate application, available online or in paper, with application fee.
- An official baccalaureate degree transcript from an accredited institution.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Scores; students may also submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores. Only scores within the past five years will be accepted.
- GMAT school code: R64-XW-20
- GRE school code: 5123
- Two recommendation letters from professional sources such as current for former employers, faculty, and business associates are required. Please use the recommendation form provided.
- A current resume
To Apply online, go to columbusstate.edu/admissions/grad
The basic undergraduate core classes and the MSOL degree requirements are located in the academic catalog.
Requirements for Graduation
This degree is subjected to the following requirements and conditions:
- Up to six hours of transfer credit may be accepted from an AACSB accredited institution.
- All students must complete the common core for the degree.
- A minimum B average in core courses, with no more than two C's, is required for degree completion.
- Students have a maximum of six years from the first term of enrollment to complete all MSOL degree requirements.
Graduates of the Servant Leadership track pursue a wide variety of careers. Most people choose this field because they are committed to the principles of servant leadership and enjoy working on issues or problems that affect many sectors of the public. The degree prepares graduates for higher leadership and executive positions in private, public and non-profit organizations.
The Turner College of Business and Computer Science is professionally accredited through The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. As an accredited member of the AACSB international, our college offers programs that achieve their distinction for high quality through an interdisciplinary curriculum providing students with a broad understanding of business and its role in society.
For additional information about the program and admission at CSU, contact:
Dr. Andres Jauregui, Director of Graduate Business Programs: (706) 507-8049 or email@example.com
Sonya Boadu, Director of Student Services & Coordinator of Graduate Business Programs: (706) 507-8079 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Kate Hargrove, Recruitment Coordinator: (706) 507-8186 or email@example.com