Human Resources: Master of Science in Organizational Leadership (M.S.O.L.)
- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Program Requirements
- Online Options
- Requirements for Graduation
- Career Opportunities
- Additional Information
The Human Resources track of the Master of Science in Organizational Leadership program will prepare professionals to develop and implement HR planning, recruiting, training, compensation, benefits, performance management and disciplinary systems in a legal and ethical fashion. The track will academically prepare students to pass the Professional and Senior Professional in Human Resources (PHR & SPHR) exams. The MSOL Human Resources track is aligned with the Society for Human Resource Management's HR Curriculum Guidebook and Templates.
The MSOL is a 36-hour program, requiring a student to complete 12 graduate courses. Full-time students can complete the program in four semesters. All MSOL classes are taught in the evening. The program can be adapted for students who wish to attend part-time and complete the program within 18-24 months.
You can view the MSOL degree sheet here.
Beyond the general graduate program requirements, the MSOL degree program also has the following additional requirements:
- A graduate application, available online or in paper, with application fee.
- An official baccalaureate degree transcript from an accredited institution.
- Graduate Management Admission Test (GMAT) Scores; students may also submit Graduate Record Exam (GRE) scores. Only scores within the past five years will be accepted.
- GMAT school code: R64-XW-20
- GRE school code: 5123
- Two recommendation letters from professional sources such as current for former employers, faculty, and business associates are required. Please use the recommendation form provided.
- A current resume
To Apply online, go to columbusstate.edu/admissions/grad
The basic undergraduate core classes and the MSOL degree requirements are located in the academic catalog.
Requirements for Graduation
This degree is subjected to the following requirements and conditions:
- Up to six hours of transfer credit may be accepted from an AACSB accredited institution.
- All students must complete the common core for the degree.
- A minimum B average in core courses, with no more than two C's, is required for degree completion.
- Students have a maximum of six years from the first term of enrollment to complete all MSOL degree requirements.
For the HR track, career options include, but are not limited to: HR manager, Recruiter, Interviewer, Benefits Specialist, Trainer, Compensation, Employee Development, Diversity management, EEO compliance, OSHA compliance, Industrial Relations specialist/manager, career development, Selection specialist/manager, Job Analysis specialist, Work/Life managers and much more.
Dr. Stuart Rayfield
Position: Director of Servant Leadership
Office: Richards Hall
The Turner College of Business and Computer Science is professionally accredited through The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. As an accredited member of the AACSB international, our college offers programs that achieve their distinction for high quality through an interdisciplinary curriculum providing students with a broad understanding of business and its role in society.
For additional information about the program and admission at CSU, contact:
Dr. Andres Jauregui, Director of Graduate Business Programs: (706) 507-8049 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Sonya Boadu, Director of Student Services & Coordinator of Graduate Business Programs: (706) 507-8079 or email@example.com
Kate Hargrove, Recruitment Coordinator: (706) 507-8186 or firstname.lastname@example.org