- Program Description
- Admission Requirements
- Program Requirements
- Online Options
- Requirements for Graduation
- Career Opportunities
- Additional Information
The Turner College of Business offers an online Master of Business Administration (MBA) degree through the Georgia WebMBA®, a consortium of AACSB-accredited schools. The online program delivers an internationally accredited, accelerated MBA degree with the same quality and service offered on campus.
It is a general-purpose management degree that prepares individuals for administrative positions in business, industry, or government. Emphasis is placed upon global business, human behavior, organizations, accounting, operations, marketing, finance, management information systems, and their impact on managerial decision making. The program focuses on the practical application of these tools, techniques, and concepts.
Teamwork, the international context of business, and the ethical dimensions of managerial decisions are stressed throughout the program. The WebMBA focuses on applying knowledge and skills in real business settings through team-based learning. Students working full-time find that team and cohort-based courses help them learn from each other while providing a support network.
The program opens three cohorts in fall and spring with students taking two courses each semester for five consecutive semesters. The cost of the program for both in and out-of-state students is $21,840, which is well below the national average. There are no campus visits required except for orientation offered in Atlanta, GA at the beginning of spring and fall semesters. The orientation fee is $600.
Click here for a WebMBA degree information sheet.
Beyond the general graduate program requirements, the MBA degree program also has the following additional requirements:
- Students must have a minimum 2.5 undergraduate GPA.
- Both GMAT and GRE tests are accepted. For consideration, students must obtain a minimum 450 on the GMAT or for the GRE, a 146 on the verbal and a 146 on the quantitative sections.A small number of students who do not meet the minimum requirements may be considered for provisional admission to the program.
- Students must submit a current resume.
- Students must submit three letters of recommendation from professional sources such as current for former employers, faculty, or business associates. Please use the recommendation form (DOC) provided.
The basic undergraduate core classes and the M.S. degree requirements are located in the academic catalog.
The FAQ for this degree program is located here.
This degree is 100% online.
Requirements for Graduation
This degree is subjected to the following requirements and conditions:
- Students with previous graduate work may request up to six hours of transfer credit. Only credit from an AACSB accredited institution will be approved.
- All students must complete the core curriculum for the degree.
- A minimum B average in core courses, with no more than two Cs, is required for degree completion.
- Students have a maximum of six years from the first term of enrollment to complete all MBA degree requirements.
Careers for MBA graduates cover a very wide and diverse field of industries and opportunities. Graduates will find challenging and fulfilling positions in public and private sectors including: government agencies, large corporations, non-profit organizations, small businesses, academia, marketing and many other fields. Many MBA graduates find ease in moving up to higher management positions within their current jobs and have ample opportunity to continue to advance their careers
WebMBA faculty are Ph.D. professors from the five participating AACSB accredited schools in the WebMBA consortium, including Columbus State University. WebMBA faculty will guide you through assigned readings, discussion posts, and exams. We hold faculty to strict quality standards and require that only faculty with AACSB academic qualifications teach in the program.
The D. Abbott Turner College of Business is professionally accredited through The Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business. As an accredited member of the AACSB international, our college offers programs that achieve their distinction for high quality through an interdisciplinary curriculum providing students with a broad understanding of business and its role in society.
For additional information about the program and admission at CSU, contact:
Kate Hargrove, Director of Recruitment and Placement: (706) 507-8186 or email@example.com
Sonya Boadu, Director of Student Services & Coordinator of Graduate Programs: (706) 507-8079 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Dr. Andres Jauregui, Director of Graduate Business Programs: (706) 507-8049 or email@example.com